Surface treat your patio
STEP 1: APPLY ORGANOWOOD® 01. PROTECTION
The liquid can react with glass, if there is a risk of the liquid coming into contact with the glass, cover the glass. Untreated or pressure impregnated wood, new or old, must be cleaned prior to treatment with OrganoWood® 03. Cleaner. Oiled, painted or in some other way surface treated wood must be sanded before treatment. Brush away all loose dirt and abrasive dust from the surface of the wood. Dilute OrganoWood® 03. according to the instructions below for all-purpose cleaning or coarse cleaning depending on how soiled the wood is. Clean with diluted cleaning agent by using a scrubbing brush, cloth, mop or the like. The product must not be used together with a high-pressure washer, as the high-pressure washer can cause wear to the wood. Finish by rinsing carefully with water. Then allow the wood to dry.
Perform the treatment on dry wood at a temperature of at least 10 °C and with as low a risk of rain, dew or frost.
- All-purpose cleaning: 1 dl OrganoWood® 03. mixed with 5 litres of tepid water.
- Coarse cleaning: 2 dl OrganoWood® 03. mixed with 5 litres of tepid water.
(coverage about 1 litre/8-10 sqm) Note! this does not apply to OrganoWood® modified wood.
- Pour out the required amount of liquid in a separate plastic container.
- Apply the product in the wood’s direction of fibre using a brush or roller.
- Allow to dry for about 6-10 hours.
- Any surplus product on the surface of the wood can create white salt deposits. These can be easily brushed off with a nylon or steel brush alternatively fine sandpaper before continuing the treatment. Otherwise these will disappear in time.
STEP 2: APPLY ORGANOWOOD® 02. REPELLENT.
In the event cutting, making holes or other minor processing in the timber is unavoidable, the processed surfaces must be treated with OrganoWood® 01. Protection: Flame and rot protection in order for the root protection to remain optimal. The OrganoWood® warranty becomes void if any other processing is performed, e.g. cleaving or other longitudinal processing such as planing and shaping. We recommend that visible wood ends are treated with OrganoWood® 02. Repellent: Dirt and water repellent for the best protection.
(coverage about 1 litre/8-10 sqm)
- Shake/stir the tin/liquid and pour out the required amount in a separate plastic container.
- Apply the product in the wood’s direction of fibre using a brush or roller. Do not use more liquid than the wood can absorb.
- Allow to dry for about 2-4 hours.
- Maintenance is performed if necessary with OrganoWood® 02.
AFTER-TREATMENT AND MAINTENANCE
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Maintenance of OrganoWood® is carried out using OrganoWood® 03. Cleaner and surface treatment with OrganoWood® 02. Repellent. This to create a more hydrophobic surface and minimise the risk of growth and the amount of dry cracks. Wood treated with the wood protective system from OrganoWood remains natural coloured with a slightly lighter nuance. The timber will age naturally and adopt a silver grey hue over time. On account of the denser structure and hydrophobicity created on the surface of the timber when treated with the wood protective system from OrganoWood, traditional paint does penetrate into the timber in the same way as normal timber. Consequently, OrganoWood treated timber should not be painted.
After the use of the wood protective system from OrganoWood all equipment must be cleaned thoroughly with water. Important: If the equipment has previously been used together with other chemicals, always clean the equipment before use in order to prevent problems with any possible chemical reactions.
If you have any questions about the wood protective system from OrganoWood, please contact respective distributors.